Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Crafty Courtney (and Friends) Strike(s) Again

This?

Is the girls' bow collection. Or most of it anyway. My girls? LOVE hair bows! They love having their hair done (though I am completely useless in doing anything other than the standard pigtails/ponytails), and they love matching their hair doo-dads to their outfits. I have been buying their bows from a high-school friend. She makes gorgeous things, and I am more than happy to support her (she's a SAHM, and she supplements her family's monthly income buy selling her various crafts).

A few weeks ago while I was pulling Janna's hair up for school, I actually studied the bows I put in her hair. And I thought to myself, "Hmmmmm...you're a crafty gal, Court. You could totally do this." So I called two of my best girlfriends, and asked if they wanted to see what we could do. We went shopping (and maybe spent $25 between the three of us), and we set to work.

Baking ribbon is really easy, and it's so cool - even my husband was impressed with the way these turned out:


Last night, Liz, Lynette, and I actually sat down to create something. And this is what we (well, these ones are the ones I made - theirs are a little different) came up with:


My first set of korkers!! Holy crap! I RULE! Or rather...WE RULE!

No comments: