My younger brother, Zak, and I used to "play" pretend sleep a lot. We would make snore noises, then scare each other "awake". Our snores would sound like those words, so we called our game Honky Shoo Shoo. This afternoon while my kids were pretending to nap, I heard The Boy and Big Girl making snore noises - and they called it the same thing Zak and I used to call it. I giggled to myself. How cute is that?
And speaking of sleep (be it pretend or not), I am exhausted. Mondays are always exhausting. And pretty much sucky. After a long, busy weekend, everyone is cranky. Especially me. And for some reason, Jon's absence is felt the most on Mondays. He works every day, but this is the hardest day of the week to get through. After Daddy-ing all weekend, the kids only want him. And while I am completely understanding of this, I could live without the whimpering and whining.
While we're still on the topic of sleep, I just have to share what a miracle tubes have been for Janna. She was waking up every few hours, and it was taking a toll on me. She would only cry for a few minutes, but she would stay awake for hours talking to herself. I am a light sleeper, so her chatting would also keep me awake. And while I was laying there listening to her sweet little voice (which was annoying, but not terribly), I would also be listening to Jon snoring. Loudly. Which was frustrating and extremely annoying. I need sleep. I wasn't getting it. And neither was Janna. Suddenly, Janna is a sleeping machine! She goes to bed, chats for a while, sleeps, and wakes up (rather early), chats for a while, and is once again the happiest girl in the world. She's also stopped peeing through herself. I'm sure that's totally unrelated, but it's nice!
Jonny P. just came home. Monday is coming to a close. Thank goodness. I need a nap.
2 comments:
How I know how you feel about lack of sleep. You need to video your hubby's snoring like I did LOL...only if he doesn't read this thing ehehehhehehehe.... I can't remember the last time "I" slept through the night LOL... Can you???
I HATE Monday's too!!!! I am so glad that Janna is doing much better.
Karen
Post a Comment