Friday, September 5, 2008

My Little Pre-Schooler

Elliott's pre-school orientation was this morning, and she loved it! She was so excited to put on her very awesome backpack and head out. She was annoyed that first we had to do the whole "morning" thing. You know - shower, get dressed, eat, make the curly/frizzy hair a little tamer, wait for Mommy to get herself all ready, etc. She was also very annoyed that before we could go to her "white 'chool" we had to drop Gabriel off at his school. She wanted nothing to do with him this morning. He was "bovvering" her. Oh well, Little Lady. He'll be bovvering you for the rest of your life. Get used to it now.

After we dropped Gabey off (which was once again nothing short of a disaster), we headed to Elliott's school. She chattered the whole way there about her new friends, her skirt, her hair clips, and Emily (she knew that Emily was going to be in her class, and she loooooooooves Emily). Once we got there, she totally clammed up. I was actually surprised. She's usually very outgoing and mouthy. She didn't want to talk to her teachers, or to any of her new (and old - there are 3 other MOMS Club kids in her class) friends. Once she realized that the playdoh was out for her use, she warmed up. Craft-time and snack-time came next, and then she went back to the playdoh. She was very sad when it was time to leave. I thought she was going to throw herself on the floor and start screaming!

She came home to tell Daddy all about her day. She can't wait to go back! And I honestly can't wait to have her go. I know that's not a very Mom-like thing to say - or is it?? I love my kids. Very much. But sometimes three kids is just too much. I am so excited to get to spend some time alone with Janna. And I think Elliott will benefit so much from being in pre-school. Gabriel absolutely flourished in the school. And speaking of The Boy, I'm so glad that Gabriel got into UPK, too. He desperately needs the attention and education that the school system can supply. And the fact that he goes to school every day doesn't hurt!!

So *, the first week of school has been great! Now, if the weather would only hold out through tomorrow...(Our MOMS Club is setting up a table at a local event, and I really don't want to sit there in the rain.)
* Apparently I start every "story" with the word "so"...and now so do my kids.

1 comment:

A. Nonny Mouse said...

I do the same thing. Emily continually says "So" and then starts telling me something.

So, I guess our kids are just going to talk funny, huh?

Oh, and your kid didn't pitch the fit - MINE did. She made quite a spectacle of herself. And then came home and CRASHED. Preschool=NAP-O-RAMA. Woo!