Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lovely!

I have used the above word many times this morning. Sometimes sarcastically, sometimes not.

Sarcastic Courtney: "Oh good. There is a bunch of friggin' snow on the ground. Lovely. And I have to go out in this mess. Lovely. Just f****ing lovely. Why does the Weather Channel have to lie? Bastards." If you haven't already guessed, I hate snow. It's a nuisance. While it's fun to see the kids' faces when they look out the door and see all the fluffy stuff, I don't actually enjoy the fluffy stuff itself. I'm a "lazy Mom" - I hate playing outside with the kids in winter, and that's all they want to do. And since I live in Upstate NY, I have 5 more months of the stuff.

My front yard this morning.

Sentimentally Serious Courtney: While I was driving Gabriel to school this morning, we were listening to "The Polar Express" soundtrack. With the snow clinging to the naked trees (the kids say the trees are naked so they can have a blanket of snow to keep them warm) and the sky a perfect shade of bluish-gray, all I kept thinking was, "Wow. This is lovely. It feels like Christmas. What a perfect morning." Listening to Gabriel sing along with Tom Hanks made my morning. He was so happy.

My handsome little man.

Elliott liked the snow, too, but she was far too busy prancing around declaring that she looked like a princess. Today is Daddy's helping-out day at preschool, and she was very excited to show him off!

Janna was content to plop herself on a bin full of blocks and snack on animal crackers and hot chocolate with Mommy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That DOES sound like a lovely morning :) I love those little unexpected moments w/ kiddo that you can never plan for - and you catch yourself saying "this is perfect - this is what it's all about". I hope you're saving these blogs for the kids to look back on when they're bigger. This is the little stuff that they'll appreciate so much :)

Keelie

A. Nonny Mouse said...

Dear GOD Elliott looks about 20 in that picture!

Unbelievable.

Seriously, where does she (and Emily and Lucy and Gabe and Janna) get the nerve to go growing up?! :)

Anonymous said...

Erin's comment is mine too! She looks so grown up! Maybe it's the camera angle but she looks tall AND adult! Wow. Lovely! - Bama Cheryl

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

the w hole naked tree thing was so cute,.. I shall steal it. Sorry t yping in the dark here.. can't see keyboard.

:)

Anonymous said...

What beautiful snow!! We had a few flurries lol :) Your kids are so cute!!