Friday, April 24, 2009

Conversations With My Kids

Cheryl has started posting some cutely hilarious conversations with her grand-daughter, Emily. I am taking her cue and posting about my recent conversations with my kiddos.

Gabriel
G: "Mommy? Do you know what "oviparous" means?"
M: "Oviparous? Ummm, yeah. But I don't remember right now."
G: "It means animals that lay eggs. Some animals come from eggs!!"
M: "Oh yeah! Wow, Gabriel. You're a very smart Dude. Where did you hear that?"
G: "Mrs. Evans told me."
(The next day...)
G: "Hey Mommy. You aren't oviparous."
M: "Oh no? How do you know you weren't hatched from an egg?"
G: "I asked Daddy. He told me. I didn't come from your belly-button, either. You squeezed me out of your tushy (which is what I call girl parts). And you made blood."
M: "Ummmm. Yes."

Elliott
E: "Hey! Look! Horses!" (We were driving past the race track on our way to preschool.)
M: "Yep. What are they doing?"
E: "Running on a road."
M: "That's what horses do. Sometimes they just like to run."
E: "But they aren't in strollers. They're too big for strollers."
M: "Yeah. You're right. But horses don't need strollers. Cause they're horses and they have four legs for running."
E: "But they should be in strollers when they're running on the road. They don't want to get hit. And they should hold hands when they go in front of cars."
M: "I'll tell them that the next time I talk to them."
E: "Ok. Good. I love you, Mommy."

Janna
J: "Goin'. To Gamma's house. Bye-bye!"
M: "Why are you going to Gramma's?"
J: "Cuz. I say so."
(The next day...)
M: "Janna, please pick up toys (or eat...or whatever I repeatedly had to tell her to do all day)."
J: "No."
M: "Why?"
J: "Cuz. I say so."
(The above is Janna's new favorite phrase. And I know I should be annoyed when she back-talks, but it's so cute. I can't help but smile when she says it.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should've heard Miss N the other day. I think I asked her if she wanted juice, and she said lemonade. So I told her, 'you can have juice, take it or leave it.' She walked away and called over her shoulder, 'Leave it!'.

Keelie

Anonymous said...

I love this post :) It gives me a good picture of what your kids are like! Very cute. :)

Bama Cheryl said...

Seriously adorable. Oviparous? In UPK? Holy cow I'm impressed!