I love MOMS Club. Honestly. I sing its praises whenever I can. It has been such an important part of my life for almost 3 years. I'm a better Mom because of it. So when I was given the opportunity to volunteer for International, I said yep. I'm a Big Sister Coordinator - soon to be a full-fledged Primary Coordinator. Not that you care or anything, but I think it's pretty cool.


Sunday was ours to do with as we pleased. Instead of dragging our buns home at a reasonable hour, we decided to go into the city. OMG. It was the best decision in the world! I hadn't been into NYC for at least 13 years, and we had a blast! We rode the train into Grand Central (my first time riding a train!!) and we wandered around Times Square for a while. We had reservations for a tour bus, too. One of the big double-decker buses. It was totally cheesy...and very awesome!
Last weekend was my first International event - the Northeast Regional Luncheon held in White Plains, NY. It was awesome! The luncheon itself was lots of fun, but it was the company that made the weekend so incredible (oh, and of course having it be a kid-free weekend wasn't too shabby, either)! Erin, Kari (the Secretary from our chapter), and I left here at 11am. The 5+ hour drive was filled with giggles and chatter. When we arrived at the hotel (which, by the way, was FREE!!), we were surprised by the loveliness of the room...and the price of water.
Erin and I had to "work" on Friday night. We had to attend a dinner (again FREE), and we had to help set up the ballroom for the Luncheon. At times it was extremely annoying (Have you ever been forced to listen to a bunch of sober Rochesterians? The accent hurts the ears. It's even worse when alcohol is involved.) - but it was a small price to pay for such a nice weekend. The Luncheon was on Saturday, and it was lots of fun. There were guest speakers (Vicki Glembocki was very cool), raffle baskets galore (I won one!!), lots of interesting people, and good food.
Instead of eating pizza with the other NYS coordinators (and once again abandoning poor Kari) , we left the hotel in search of junk food and found a local grocery store (with a 3 story parking garage!) and got a ton of munchies. We went back to our room and stayed up til 1am - giggling like little girls. It was so much fun!


Sunday was ours to do with as we pleased. Instead of dragging our buns home at a reasonable hour, we decided to go into the city. OMG. It was the best decision in the world! I hadn't been into NYC for at least 13 years, and we had a blast! We rode the train into Grand Central (my first time riding a train!!) and we wandered around Times Square for a while. We had reservations for a tour bus, too. One of the big double-decker buses. It was totally cheesy...and very awesome!
I won't bore you with all of the city pictures I took, but it was amazing. The bus took us all over the city. Our first tour guide was amazing...she knew everything! She pointed out lots of little details that I would never have picked up on my own. We got to see a ton of stuff...the "famous" buildings (Empire State, Macy's, St. Patrick's Cathedral, St. Paul's Chapel...), the shopping district, Ground Zero (we didn't get off the bus - but it was so surreal to see exactly where the Twin Towers should be standing...everyone got very quiet on the bus, too.)...it was amazing. We also hopped on the ferry to Liberty Island. Every time I see the Statue of Liberty I'm awed.
We spent the the entire day in the city (and I have the reverse raccoon sunburn to prove it). It was fantastic. We got on the 4:45 train back to White Plains and we made it home at 11:45. It was a perfect weekend. Amazing and awesome aren't the words to describe it!
1 comment:
It sounds like you guys had a great time! I had a bet with John that you wouldn't be home until at least 11pm so you overachieved! How cool that you were able to get away. Jon and Mike and Kari's husband are awesome!
Post a Comment