Monday, November 2, 2009

MEME Monday...

As per Supah's instructions, this week's Meme is about inspiration. Like what inspires one to...get all inspirational with a significant other. Wink, wink!!

I'm a SAHM to three kids. Which means that there is a kid attached to me at almost every waking moment of my day. I'm not ashamed to admit that the romance in my marriage is pretty much non-existent. As parents with no outside help, Jon and I don't get a weekly date night. Hell, we rarely get a yearly date night. Our "alone" time usually isn't all that "alone". We have kids...and such is life. Though I'm sure it will happen at some point, said kids have yet to interrupt our "connubial bliss"!!

I don't give Jon one tenth of the credit he deserves. Not as a father...and certainly not as a husband. Jon is amazing. AMAZING. He's also a very quiet guy. He doesn't use words needlessly - he chooses them carefully. When we were first dating, I wasn't sure I was all that into him. He really didn't "do it" for me. He changed that with 2 words - "Courtney pretty." That's all it took. And I melted. Well, then I saw him in a pair of cut-off camos bending over the hood of his car. And then I really melted...more than once, in fact. Seriously...have you seen the man's legs? Good lord. The man has gorgeous legs.

So while he is an absolutely wonderful man, and that in and of itself is inspiring, what really gets me all hot and bothered are his legs...all three of them...wink, wink!!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Cute post! I did LOL at the end of it!

Now I am off to check out more of your blog!

Lori
www.petersonstlouis.com

Melissa said...

Love it..."all three of his legs"!!

:-)

Raising Z and Lil C said...

That is so sweet :) We struggle with date nights too so we try to have a home date night a few times a month. Wine and conversation, popcorn and a rented movie....it is the best we can do :)

MommyBrain said...

Hee, hee! My husband won the "sexiest legs contest" his senior year of high school ... and I always tease him that it was because he wore tight sweatpant shorts when the photo was taken ;) Great post! Thanks for joining our MEme fun!

Go Zesty with Dee! said...

Wow, isn't it harder w/ kiddos to have that quiet time. I hope that you are able to find a really great babysitter so that you guys can get out sometime for a real date...