Yesterday's post allowed me to share one of my favorite quotes: "Good books, like good friends, are few and chosen; the more select, the more enjoyable." - Louisa May Alcott. I like this quote for many reasons. Not only do I love Ms. Alcott, but books and friends are two of the most important parts of my life. Ok, so that's three reasons - not exactly many, but you get the idea.
So anyway. The point is that books and friends are what keep this slightly insane Mommy sane. I wouldn't be able to function without either of them. I've posted about my adoration of books before, so we all know that reading is one of my very favorite things to do. In an ultimate show of nerdiness, I've decided to create a list of all of the books that I read this year (check it out - it's on the left-hand side of this page). I know. It's only February. And I've already read 14 books. I just can't help myself.
I don't do a whole lot of posting about my friends. Every once in a while I'll drop in a few lines about the awesomeness of them, but I tend to guard that part of my life a little more carefully. Maybe it's because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Maybe it's because I don't want to make you all jealous (my friends are waaaaay cooler than yours!). Maybe my gushing about their awesomeness would embarrass them (or me). Regardless of the reason, my friends are crazy important to me. Near, far. Old, new. In good or bad standing. I ♥ them. Each one brings something different to my life, and I am lucky to have them.
No comments:
Post a Comment