So...I'm a stay-at-home-mom. Duh. And I joined MOMS Club 4 years ago. Duh. I still think it was definitely one of the best decisions I ever made, but to be honest, I'm sort of getting tired of the whole thing. I can't stand the "drama" that's involved with the women. The "you talked about me behind me back so now I don't like you anymore" crap. Or the "you made a comment about me taking my sick kids out and about so I'm going to unfriend you on Facebook" crybaby stuff. Or the "I'm not going to be friends with you because you didn't breastfeed (or because you aren't religious...or because you like Twilight)" idiocy. It's all just so frustrating. More than frustrating, actually. That kind of bullshit is really tiresome. And when things become that tiresome, it's even worse than being simply frustrating. As a SAHM to three busy kidlets, I don't have the time, patience, energy, or ambition to try to "fix" all of the whining and hurt feelings. So...my own MOMS Club chapter (of which I am President for the third year in a row - yay)? Meh. I could take it or leave it.
But.
There is one aspect of MOMS Club that has me fairly excited - my position with the International side of MOMS Club. I've been a Primary Coordinator for about a year and a half now, and it's been really rewarding. I just got a call today letting me know that, because I am so awesome (International's words...not mine), they are promoting me to State Coordinator. Which is actually really cool. I get to help with the behind-the-scenes stuff, and it's so refreshing. My love of MOMS Club is slowly being revived, and I honestly couldn't be happier to be a part of something this great.
No comments:
Post a Comment