Friday, May 2, 2008

Tubey-Do-Be-Do

Janna's tubes were placed this morning! Boy, was she unhappy. We got to the hospital around 7, and she was taken back around 7:30 or so. About 15 minutes later she was back in our arms. And screaming. Screaming like someone had cut holes in her ears. Oh wait. Someone had cut holes in her ears. Every time she hiccups or burps, she screams. If you touch her ears at all, she screams. I know that all Moms say this, but it's heartbreaking to see my little Peanut in pain. I know the myringotomy was necessary - she has had six (6) ear infections since January. That's six too many. And she's been on so many antibiotics that she is now immune to them. I just wish that this necessity was a little less painful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor sweet baby! Nature is rotten to do that to her, but thankfully it's over. My 'mommy heart' is breaking just reading about the misery she is in. How long until they say the pain subsides? Give her lots of kisses for me until she starts to feel better.

Keelie

Anonymous said...

I feel so bad for her!! Hopefully she will start to feel better soon.

Karen

A. Nonny Mouse said...

Yow. Sorry she's not feeling immediate relief. :( Poor noodle.

I don't suppose they suggested anything you could give her for the pain?

Anonymous said...

Oh how hard it is to be a mom and all you want to do is trade them places!!! But in the long run it will be best!! :)