Thursday, August 21, 2008

Shopping Fool!!

I love eBay. Well, that's not entirely true. I usually loathe it, but this week it has been good to me. I have done some early Christmas shopping, and I am so thrilled with what I've purchased.

Elliott is starting to love Barbie. Totally my fault, too. I swore that I wasn't going to turn my daughters into me. I was addicted to Barbie. I had more than one little girl needed. And I had tons of accessories - not just clothes and shoes, either. I had 4 campers, an airplane, 2 boats, 3 cars, horses, bikes, 4 houses - you name it, I probably had it. The reason I was able to have so much stuff was that almost all of it was purchased at flea markets. Every weekend, my antique-dealing parents would take us flea-marketing. Back in the day my Mom would leave us in the car with some sort of newly acquired treasure. Mine was always something for Barbie. And I played with the stuff for hours. I continued to play with the stuff til I was about 13. But, she loves her doll, and I am actually very content to give her more. I found the plans for a house yesterday on eBay. It's nothing more than a glorified bookshelf, but it's perfect. Jon is going to make it for her, and I am going to decorate it. That's her Christmas. And I think she is going to love it!! She's getting a few other small things (like her first Barbie car!!), but I am really excited at the thought of this house. Now I'm looking for furnishings... any suggestions??

I also found books for her yesterday. I love Dare Wright, and her book, "The Lonely Doll" is one of Elliott's favorites. I bought her 2 more of the books for $2 each! They are so cute! I'm watching 2 more. I also bought a bunch of Eloise Wilkin-illustrated Little Golden Books. I already have my copies (and my Mom's) of them, but I want to make sure each of the girls has their own set. I love Golden Books, and the ones illustrated by E.W. are my favorites.

I bought some Vera Bradley, too. No, not for me. Honestly! Ok, so I might get to keep one of the little gifties that I bought, but I really did buy them for my step-mom and MIL. They are going to love them, too. I also did a little shopping for my Mom, but since she reads this I can't divulge any other info about that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE BARBIE AND turned my daughter is already loving it. I think we deserve to keep playing Barbie! lol lol