The Week: It was an exhausting week. By Wednesday, I was ready for it to be over. No such luck.
I never realized how much of a pain in the ass it was going to be to get Gabriel to and from pre-school. It's a bitch. He has to be there at 9:15. While the hour itself isn't a problem, the getting three kids (plus myself) ready by that time is. Gabriel usually showers with Jon, so he's ready to go around 7. I get ready next, and I'm good to go by 7:30 or so. The Girls are a different matter. Neither one of them really likes getting dressed. Or eating. By 8:30, my patience is a thing of the past. Parking is still horrendous, and standing outside of the school with three kids until the door open is a huge inconvenience. Especially when it's raining. I don't even want to think about how pleasant it's going to be in the dead of winter. But I didn't kill anyone (and you should be very pleased that I didn't. The same woman almost ran me over 4 times this week. She apparently can't read the numerous "Do Not Enter" and "One Way" signs posted all over campus. She also doesn't think that she has to stand in line with the rest of the parents to get her kid. I actually asked her if she was allergic to it. I love myself.). And Gabriel had a great week. He loves school, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much. In a few short years, he will probably be fighting with me about not wanting to go.
The Girls had a good week, too. We went to the Apple Farm, shopping (I hate grocery shopping, but Elliott actually makes it a bit more bearable. She was very agreeable for both trips [one to Target and one to Wally-Land]. She needed clothing, and I let her pick out some stuff. She also got to peruse the Barbie stuff in both stores. She's already started her Christmas wish-list.), played Cariboo every day, and basically just enjoyed each other's company. Elliott's getting there with her letter recognition. And she still likes me. Trust me - I'm no fun to play games with, and trying to teach her her letters is extremely frustrating. Janna has started trying to walk more, and she can make it across the living room and into the dining room all by herself!
The Weight: I bought myself a gift this morning!!! I am awaiting the arrival of a Mod Floral Pink Hipster!! I lost 3.2 pounds this week, bringing my weight loss total to 22 pounds even!!
3 comments:
1) WOO-HOO! Way to go on the weight loss. I was thinking to myself as I was departing from your house this morning that you were looking skinny. :)
2) Emily is mourning the loss of her morning pop tart and that is throwing a wrench in our morning routine. I'm not sure how it would work for you, but have you thought of dumping some cereal into a baggie and handing it to Elliott? I'd say the same thing for Janna, but she's probably still a little young.
Also, would you rather swap drop off for pick up? Would that help? Dunno, just thinkin'!
Why thanks - I was thinking I looked pretty good, too!!
The switching of pick-up/drop-off would actually make things a little worse, I think. I'm either going to be late to pick him up (his little buns are done at 11:45 and Elliott gets out of school at 11:30 - and it takes 15 minutes to get to his school from SJ's), or I would have to take three kids with me to get him (Elliott, Emily, and Janna). No fun for any of us. But I appreciate your thought!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :) THAT IS SO AWESOME!! I am so SO jealous!! :( heheheheh...i better get a move on!
Post a Comment