Monday, October 6, 2008

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, KEELIE!

This post is dedicated to you - my very best friend of over 25 years. I am such a horrible BF - I completely flaked on sending you a card...or an e-mail...or something stupid on Facebook. I didn't forget about your birthday. I just forgot to do something about it. Forgive me?

I honestly don't remember when we first met. I know it was in pre-school, and we just sort of became attached. Forever. Sure we've had some rough patches, but no matter what you have always been there for me. There really aren't enough words to express what you have meant to my life. I wouldn't be the person I am today without having had you as a constant for the past quarter century. I love you dearly. I am so proud of you - proud of you for being an awesome Mom, proud of you for going back to school, proud of you for just being you. And I'm overly proud and privileged to call you my friend.

So, Happy Belated "29th" Birthday! Hope you had a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK - I am officially weepy. Thank you for that wonderful uplifting post. It really made my day in light of how much stress I'm under this week. And no, I am not upset because I know you don't forget these things... you are simply a mom too. And as such, we are entitled to prioritize.... hmmmmm, feed and care for kids, or send birthday greetings on time so as to appear of the Bree Vandekamp sort. Ummm, I think I know you well enough by now to not take that response personally :)
So, thanks BFF!!

Keelie