Sunday, November 9, 2008

Weekly Weigh-In!!

The Week: All things considered, last week was a pretty good week. The kids were only mildly insane, and I got a bunch accomplished. Gabriel seems to be evening out a bit at school. He's 4. And as hard as it is, I need to remember that. Because he acts so much older than he is, I tend to forget that he's so young. He's my little freak of nature, and I need to work harder on embracing that about him. He had a great week - and he gets to be the "Sea Star Helper of the Day" on Monday! (I'll add pictures of him with the SS bag tomorrow!!)

Elliott is still being a giant pain in the ass. Every day gets a little worse. When she's by herself, she's fine. But if you add a sibling, all hell breaks loose. She's 2, and I know that's how 2-year-olds are. But it's getting old. I'm trying my hardest to be patient with her, but by the end of the day (5:30 is the end of our day - that's when Daddy gets home) I find myself completely frazzled. It's frustrating - for all of us. When she wasn't on her naughty rug, she was being the cutest and sweetest girl in the world. Which is also frustrating!! When she's good, she's awesome. When she's bad, she's horrible! She had a great week of school, though. And she's been extremely good this weekend. (Miss Thang has her 3 year check-up tomorrow. I have a number of issues to discuss with her pediatrician.)

Janna is becoming quite the PITA herself. She's fully mobile (she's almost running), and she refuses to stay still. Or off the stairs. We have gates or other blockades all around the house, but she manages to get around them. She likes to hang out on the steps, yell for me, and then when I come looking for her - she goes up the steps as fast as she can. Giggling the entire way. She's started throwing and hitting, too, which I can't stand. Jon has started making her stand in the corner when she's naughty. She hates it!! But we figure that she's not too young to start having to go to Time-Out for her behavior. Janna learned a bunch of new words/phrases this week. She now very clearly says up, down, baby, push, block, and throw. She's also discovered that trains are quite possibly the best thing in the world. She pushes them (or cars or empty cereal boxes) around the floor saying, "Choo choo!! Chugga chugga!!" She loves Thomas, too, though she can't say his name. She calls him "Nim-nim" - which is very similar to Elliott's 1-year-old version, "Numinah".

So, such is life in our household. The kids are a never-ending source of amusement and aggravation. But they're cute. So I guess we'll keep them!

The Weight: I had a little trouble at the beginning of the week regulating my WW points. I lost 2 last week, and I was finding it hard to get to my goal - I was either 2 above, or 2 below. I finally got my groove back, and I managed to lose another 2.6 pounds. That brings the total to 41.8!!

3 comments:

A. Nonny Mouse said...

There was a girl
With a strawberry curl
Right in the middle of her forehead
And when she was good,
She was very, very good.
And when she was bad
She was horrid.

That's what your Elliott talk reminded me of. :) Not to say that your E girl is horrid.

Courtney said...

Seriously?? I use that same rhyme all the time!

And yeah - my E girl is very often a bit on the horrid side. Right now? So is the J girl.

Anonymous said...

Keep working at it Courtney! You are doing great and looking great! Go on how you feel!! :)

And the they are great till a sibling is around....OH SISTA I HEAR YA!!! My son is a TREASURE when alone with us but add in Syd.. OMG!! TERROR!!!