Friday, December 5, 2008

Addicted

As I was watching missed episodes of "The Office" this afternoon, I started thinking about what I want to crochet next. How drooling over John Krasinski manifested itself into a weird need to crochet is waaaaaaay beyond me. I'm finishing up an afghan (a Christmas gift) and I'm getting sick of it. So I want to make something for myself. Probably a scarf and cute hat. Patterns and colors started whirling through my little head, and that got me to thinking about what to match the scarf/hat to. Do I match it to my "new" coat? By "new" I mean better than new...my Dad bought me said coat 7 years ago for my birthday. And it was rather snug. Now? It's on the loose side!! And, and, and...it's 3+ sizes smaller than the coat I was wearing!! YAY! Or do I match it to a Vera Bradley purse - and if I choose Vera, what pattern do I match the yarn to? Do I match the hat and scarf to my favorite mittens (lavender GAP mittens complete with around-the-neck-string)? Decisions, decisions, decisions......

The quandary over what to match a scarf/hat to, combined with sheer boredom (no one's puking at the moment so there's no laundry to do or vomit to clean up), led to a pondering of my addictions - The Office especially John Krasinski, crochet, yarn, and Vera Bradley. That of course got me to thinking about my birthday and Christmas...because I asked for more Vera and craft items (I don't think Jon will buy me John K. as a gift). That then led to a need to organize my collection - of both yarn and bags. Which then led to this - the meticulous (kind of) sorting and separating of my bags (Who cares about yarn?? Which I did separate and sort, too.):
This is the downstairs bathroom door. These are the smaller bags that get used on a regular basis. Yes, I do realize that this set up does hinder the ability of the door to open and close.

These are my "official" MOMS Club Vera bags. They're a little too big for everyday use.

These are all of my totes. There are 6 hanging there. And Jon hates them all.

This is the back of our bedroom door. The door no longer opens or shuts well due to the weight of the bags. There are easily over 20 bags hanging. I hung the lighter bags that don't get used much here.

These are my too-small-for-everyday-use bags, wallets, and glasses cases.

My "Lindsey" collection (aside from the Handbag and Tote, the Lindsey is my favorite style of bag).

My collection of swing-style bags. And see the pretty blue silk with polka dots? That's a "Courtney" bag!

And here is the bag I switched over to while cleaning - a Handbag in the Holiday '95 pattern. Since the holidays are here, my bag needs to match the season!

Missing from the pictures are my diaper bags, my travel stuff, the Girls' bags, and the Girls' rugs. I know - rugs?? Yep. In the spring when we spruce up the girls' room, everything will be purchased/made to match the VB throw rugs (adorable braided rugs in the Katherine pattern) my Mom bought for their room.

Oh. My. God. The above ridiculousness has fed into one of my other addictions...being defensive. I know I have a gazillion bags that I will probably never use (or get rid of), but they were either purchased used on eBay (or, if new, at least 50% off), by someone other than myself, or some combination of the above. Defensive as I am about my love of bags, I do realize that I have a slight problem. I think I need some help!

So, I beseech you loyal internet (and real-life) friends...exactly what do I match the hat and scarf to?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG you are addicted but I must say, an addiction to hand bags is wise choice...it could have been a more negative addiction LOL :) I love them! YOu have such great taste. And you put me to shame. Do you know how many bags/purses I have???




ONE!! No shit eh??

Liz said...

Holy Vera!! That's a lot of bags but a girl needs a lot right?! Match it to the coat it will be easier! Lisha, I am one up on you I have 2!

Anonymous said...

I think that they should be RED