Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Did They Smile?

Elliott and I spent the majority of the morning working on her Christmas gifts for her preschool teachers. She made them chocolate chip cookies in a jar. And they turned out better than I ever would have expected. She was so helpful and patient. And she was thrilled that she could do most of the work herself!!

Elliott ready to make cookies!

After we finished filling the jars, we made cards with the recipe in them. I am so amazed at Elliott's ability to write!! She wrote her teacher's names on the front of the cards, and she wrote her own name on the back. I knew she was able to kind of write her name, but she is awesome at it! She knows how to spell it without asking, and her writing is really clear. She was so proud of herself...and so was I!!


The finished product. Elliott loved making her gifts, and she wants to make more!

Questioning the title of this post? After I took her picture with the jars, I took a close-up picture of the jars . Elliott wanted to know if they smiled for the camera. It was so cute!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously....that is CUTE!!! Look at her...I could eat her up! (well, I do like the cookies too) eheheheh

Anonymous said...

How adorable! Her writing is amazing - I've been admiring the Mommy on your birthday card. What a sweetheart!