Monday, February 2, 2009

Llama Beans

While we were eating dinner tonight (au gratin potatoes, turkey kielbasa, mixed veggies, and salad), Elliott was picking at her veggies. Picking at food is a no-no around here, so Jon gently reminded her that she needed to eat. He told her that veggies will make you grow up big and tough and strong. She wasn't buying it, and kept annoyingly asking what veggies were on her plate. Jon gave her the list: peas, lima beans, carrots, corn, and green beans. She immediately lit up at the mention of lima beans.

E: "Llama beans?"
D: "No. Liiiiiiima beans. Not llama."
E: "Sounds like you sayin' llama beans. Does that mean I'll grow up big like a llama if I eat 'em?"
D: "Sure. Just eat them."
E: "Hey Mom! I'm growin' up big. Like a llama. So's you. And Janna. And Daddy, too. But not Gabey. He's not eatin'. What a turd."
M&D: "Elliott! We don't talk like that at the table. Just eat."
E: "Well. I'm gonna be big like a llama. He isn't. Do llamas eat llama beans?"
D (losing his patience): "Yes. EAT!"
E: "Ok, ok. I'm just askin'. So. I'm gonna turn into a llama. That's cool."

Kids. Gotta love 'em!

3 comments:

Erika O'B said...

Elliott is funny!

Andin loves lima beans for some reason.

Anonymous said...

Chris and I are LOAO at the llama bean story. Dinner AND a show. :) You better write that one down in her baby book.

Keelie

Anonymous said...

That's a classic! Llama beans!