Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Smiley Faces!

Smiley faces have been issued for yesterday and today! The kids have been really, very , kind of good, and I've been trying my hardest to let things slide. I also upped the ante...there is now a prize for the week. If they have 4 (or more) smiley faces at the end of the week, they will get a giant set of new food stuff for the "kitchen" (which is now in my living room).

Yesterday one of the UPK Moms offered to take Gabey off my hands for the morning. Um, yeah?! He was gone for 3 glorious hours! I was able to do laundry, rearrange some toys (I carried E's barbie house to her room [which was no small feat] and I dragged the kitchen up from the playroom), and play with the Girls. It was so great. And BONUS! When he got home, he was exhausted. The Girls were snoozy, too, so nap-time was awesome. All three kiddos took 3 hour naps. And they once again inhaled their dinners. I spent the evening at Erin's house for a small round of "Stitch 'n bitch". We stitched and made fun of her husband for playing Zelda for over 80 hours. It was awesome.

Today was exhausting, but the kids made it through with their smiley faces intact. And better yet - my face is still smiling! Gabriel had an eye exam at 9:15 (he passed - he's got better than 20/15 vision), and then I had to drag all three kids to the pediatrician (Elliott has an ear infection and bronchitis). Even though it was a giant pain, all three kids were extremely well-behaved. I was (and still am) so proud! And since they had been out and about all morning, all three once again took awesome naps. I literally had to wake Gabriel up at 4:45!

So after a tiring day, I'm going to crash on the couch for the rest of the evening. My beloved LOST is on in a while, and I'm going to do some more stitching. Oh, and I'm also going to have a beer - or three!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Yeah!! Glad to hear that the week is going so well. I'm hoping that the rest of your week goes just as well!!

Anonymous said...

that is great girl!! It sounds like a productive SMILEY day with the kiddos and then some time to just be you :) I hope you had a few beers for me!! :) CHEERS heres to another great day!