Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekly Weigh-In!!

I know...I'm a little bit behind. And totally slacking in my "blogging duties". But in my defense, I've been really busy! So...last week...

The Week: Once again, really good! I haven't posted a frowny face on anyone's calendar for over 3 weeks! YAY! I don't know why they've been so good (or maybe I'm lightening up), but I'm not going to question it any further than that.

We spent the weekend in PA...which was nice since we hadn't been home since Christmas. We hung out with my family...and that was pretty much it. I got to meet my new niece - too cute! I was thrilled that I got to see her, but I was even more thrilled that I didn't get that weird inner heart tug...the one that makes you want more babies. I knew I was done, but this totally confirmed that! It was nice to hold her, but I was ready to give her back!

The only downside of the week was Janna's sudden propensity toward hurting herself. On Sunday (the 15th), she fell off of her scooter and smashed her thumb. It turned blue immediately, and now it's settled into a lovely shade of blackish-bluish-purple. Lovely. On Friday afternoon (the 20th), we were in a convenience store in PA and an overly large woman tripped over Janna. Sending her face first into a cardboard box of candy. The candy came out unscathed. Janna? Has a nice scrape down one side of her face. The woman apologized when she saw that she tripped over a smallish human (and that there was blood), and I was fine with it...but my poor Girl! She's got almost as much grace as I do...and that's not a good thing!

The Weight: When I set out to lose weight, I had no idea that I would drop as much weight as I have. I had no idea that it would come off this quickly, either. My main goal was to start being more healthy. My second goal was to be out of a plus-size - less important, but still something I wanted to accomplish. I've pretty much succeeded on both counts! That doesn't mean that I am going to stop pushing myself, I'm just going to push a little less. I'm going to continue with my exercise regimen (Jillian on M, W, F; Leslie on T, Th, Sat; whatever floats my boat on Sun), but I've decided that I am not going to drop any more Weight Watchers points. I'm having a hard time getting enough food into my body as it is, and I'm afraid that if I drop 2 more points (which I am supposed to do today) I'm going to end up starving myself. Or going way over my daily allowance of points. Either way, I'm going to feel bad...so I'm going to stick with what's working right now.

That being said, I lost 1.8 pounds last week! Total loss: 63.2 pounds!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

woo hoo! you are becoming such a skinny bitch, which is totally fabulous. i can't wait for our date next month so i can see your foxxiness in person!! :)

Keelie

A. Nonny Mouse said...

I know I have said this 83,000,000 times, but I am really proud of you for doing this. You made a goal, stuck with it and achieved your goal. Not that I would expect anything less from you, but wow. I think your attitude towards your diet is an example everyone should follow. You are being smart about it. You have embraced this as a lifestyle change and I'm really impressed. Way to go, girl.

Courtney said...

Thanks for your support, ladies. You have no idea how much it is appreciated!