Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dress-up Day!!

What are you doing on Thursday (as in 2 days from now)? Dig out a cardigan and celebrate Mr. Rogers with me on what would would have been his 80th birthday.

When I was little I loved Mr. Rogers. Probably not as much as my older brother Devin, but I still loved him. I can remember tossing my shoes in the air from hand to hand. I also remember my Grandfather wearing cardigans. I think that's part of the reason I loved Mr. R. so much.

Now that I have kids of my own, I am trying to share that love with my kiddos. And Gabriel loves himself some Land of Make Believe. He wants to ride Trolley and play in the castle with Prince Tuesday. His favorite episodes are my favorites as well - the train trip to the Crayola factory and the Incredible Hulk unveiling. Elliott loves The LoMB too - she prefers Henrietta Pussycat and X the Owl. She has asked for a stop light for the living room and a fish tank, too.

If you're interested, check out this article and don a sweet cardigan on Thursday. I'll post pics for all to see!

1 comment:

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

From a Pittsburgher and a Mr. Rogers' fan: kudos for remembering to remember him.
I shall stalk your blog more now that my friend Lish linked you up with your 80's goodies.

I had an acquaintance once who posted a blurb about Mr. ROgers. She came from a very abusive family and ( cry with me here)
mR. roGERS was the ONLY place she went to : to feel loved.

On that downer note. Way to go Deb.
Cute blog.
d