Why is that people seem to think that just because I am a SAHM I love to grocery shop? My own husband doesn't get it, though he should since he abhors shopping of any kind - especially with kids in tow. Sure it's a chance to get out of the house. But what people forget is that I am buying things that I have to put away, I have to cook, I have to clean up messes with. Grocery shopping isn't a fun, carefree outing. It's work. I have limited funds, limited time (I refuse to go with kids, so I shop on Saturday afternoons during naptime), and limited patience.
One of my pals posted her grocery list for the week - and thought that everyone's probably looked about the same. Uh, yeah. Almost exactly. This week is a "light" week - I don't need baby items (diapers, wipes, formula, or baby food (which I never have to buy again - Janna has boycotted it!!!)), cereal, or cleaning agents.
Milk (2 gal. 1%)
Cheese (cheddar, mozz, parm, prov)
Meat (pork, beef)
Bacon
Turkey breast
Chicken nuggets
Bread (2)
Rolls, Pitas
Fruit (bananas, apples, pears)
Raspberry jelly
Veggies (matchstick carrots)
Frozen veggies (corn, peas)
Frozen pancakes
Crystal-light
TP/PT
Paper plates
Plastic wrap
I'm sure I'm forgetting a number of things. I can never seem to remember all of the things I need for the week. And hey, it's only Thursday. Janna might go on a pooping jag, and then I'll need wipes and diapers.
Lish - I look super hot when I go shopping! Hair, well, let's just say frizzy and pulled up in some sort of clip, dirty jeans (I get at least 4 wearings out of a pair before they can be washed), tee shirt and dirty sweatshirt, Birks. HOT!! I do carry a sweet purse, though. That is probably the only good part of the outfit.
2 comments:
Yum. PUrses. Put THAT on your grocery list.
I remember YEARS ago when VERA bradley FIRST came to light..I SWEAR TO YOU it was sold in Grocery stores. I LOVED IT. No one else did. I thought people would make fun of me.
Darn it all if I missed the revolution as well as the last of purse shopping at Giant Eagle, Wegmans' or Martins..
d
LMAO...you just reminded me that I needed to add Crystal Light to my list!! I need a change! :) Thanks! LOL...Wipes and diapers are a big one here...and i love how you said why do people think we should love grocery shopping? I feel the same way about cleaning. Do all people think SAHM's love to clean??? SERIOUSLY!
Debby wrote a hilarious blog awhiel back about her at the grocery store and her thoughts while she was there...very funny... You will have to look that one up!
Great blog! :) :) :)
Post a Comment