Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I'm Walkin' On Sunshine!

Woah-hoh! I'm in a great mood...for a number of reasons.

1) Is it absolutely gorgeous out today! After a frickin' freezing weekend (and preceding4.5 months) , I needed some sunshine. I have my doors open! It's breezy out, but the fresh air blowing through my house smells (and feels) so good. The kids got to play outside - without heavy coats, gloves, and/or hats - and that means good naps will be had!

2) It's April. Spring is starting to "spring" - there are birds chirping (I have seen some of the biggest doves and robins in the world today - they are HUGE), the grass is green-ish, buds are starting to pop out on trees. It's heavenly.

3) I'm getting my hair chopped next week! I found a very upscale salon that needs "Hair Models" - women who are adventurous enough to try something new. A "model" (in this case, moi) gets a free haircut (that would normally cost $50-$110). How can you beat that? The only "rules" are that there is a two-inch minimum cut requirement (but that is typically what I have lopped off my hair regardless), and they get to pick the style. The whole appointment is scheduled to take up to two hours. First there's a consultation with the stylists, then the washing and drying, the cutting, and then a final styling of the new 'do. I am so stoked! My hair is naturally curly, and therefore naturally frizzy. It's pretty gross on most days. I never know what to do with it, so it usually gets pulled up in some sort of clip or barrette. I am looking forward to a "real" haircut. And hey - it's free. If I end up looking like a total freak, I can wear a baseball cap over it. I'll post pics once it's all done!

4) Tomorrow is a MOMS Club day. I haven't actually gotten to see many of my Mommy friends due to the weather and sick kids. I can't wait to see everyone!

I need to go do something constructive with my few remaining moments of quiet. I really don't want to, though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy day!! You must post a pic of your new haircut when it is done! That sounds like fun! We also had our windows open and enjoyed the outside. The kids slept great last night cuz of the fresh air. It hit 80 degrees down here in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia! Love the blog! It really made my shitty day feel MUCH MUCH better! Very uplifting!

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

HOw fun. Friends can be a saving grace. So glad you found a network. If I had ANY sound advice for new and veteran moms alike. Connect with people. ALl my other advice is probably shitty. :)

d

And the van: Chrysler Town and Country touring edition; 07. ALl the frills half the cost of 08. PHENOMENAL. :)

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! I can't wait to see see the new do! Very cool - and being free makes it so much better! You can't beat a free day of pampering :)

Keelie