The Week: Have you ever really just wanted to ship one of your kids somewhere? Far, far, f.a.r. away? That's pretty much how I feel about Elliott. Yeah, she's cute and sweet and funny and such a great little girl. But she's also a gigantic pain in my ass. For the last 2-3 months she's been overly whiny and disagreeable. If she doesn't get her way, she's miserable. Which makes everyone around her miserable, too. Every morning this week I have been rousted from a sound sleep (at 6am) by a screaming, whining Elliott. She wants Gabriel's trains. He gives her some. But not enough. So she throws a fit. He gives her more trains as a "trade" for Barbies. No go. She throws a fit because he has the audacity to even think that he can play with her dolls. She then throws an even larger fit because we make her give back the trains because she can't share. Then it all starts again when we get downstairs. Good times. Don't get me wrong. I realize that two-year-olds are like this. And she's not always being a miserable little cuss. When she's happy, she's HAPPY. But she's a mini-me - she's got more attitude than one little girl needs. And she's got my nasty streak. When she and I are both pissy, stay away.
I also think she has a touch of the "middle-child-syndrome". I'm trying to spend quality one-on-one time with her (sans siblings), but it doesn't help. I get so frustrated with her, and that leads to meltdowns...for both of us. My little get-away with Jennifer is exactly what I need right now. Miss Jennifer has a conference at the hospital my Mommy works at, so we're going "home" for a few days. Janna's coming, too.
Gabriel and Janna have both had pretty great weeks! Gabriel is still in love with pre-school (and his little pal Kyra). He seems so big to me lately. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the fact that he's in a "Big Boy School (that's what he calls the Elementary School)". It's also probably because his size 5 Slim pants are almost all too short for his legs. He's huge!!
My Sweet and Petite started walking this week! She woke up from a nap and took off. She also sprouted three new teeth. She's just growing and growing...and it doesn't seem possible that she's not really a baby anymore.
So the week wasn't great. But it wasn't terrible.
The Weight: I dropped 1.2 pounds this week bringing my total loss to 27.8 pounds. I need new shirts!! All of mine are all stretched out, and they look sloppy. I hate that. So while I'm visiting my Mommy, I'm going to drag her shopping with me. I may even make her go look at Vera Bradley bags, too.
1 comment:
Congrats on the drop in weight! You are doing AWESOME!! When you hit 30 lbs down you need to do a before and after picture! I hear ya on the 2 year old thing. Wow my 2 year old threw the biggest fit and wanted to do what she wanted to do in the mall yesterday. I thought I was going to ship her far far away too!
Post a Comment