Sunday, October 5, 2008

Weekly Weigh-In!!

The Week: As you might have read in my last post, we've been having some school and sleep issues around here. The school issues have been resolved - thank goodness. Both kids had a great week in school, and I am exceedingly proud of the strides they have made.

The sleep issues are another story. Right now, Elliott is laying in a pack 'n play whining. Notice I said pack 'n play. Not bed. Because she can't stay in her bed, she gets to sleep in a play pen. And she hates it. One would think that because she hates it so much, she would learn to stay in her bed. Not the case with Miss Thing. If anything, her loathing of the pack 'n play seems to make her more apt to leave her bed. I'm not exactly sure why that is. She just doesn't want to stay in her bed. She wants to wander/poke/play - or as I like to call it, "dick around". It makes me nuts. Not only is she keeping her siblings awake, but she's just not being safe. I am petrified that she will fall down the steps or something. We have tried putting a gate in her doorway, but she can climb those with no problem. Closing the door doesn't work either because it sticks - and if she needs to potty she can't get out. I'm just about out of ideas. Anyone have any suggestions?

Yesterday was my MOMS Club luncheon. It was so much fun! I got a chance to dress up! And I looked HOT!! My clothes were a little on the loose side, but they still looked cute. All of my Mommy pals looked cute, too!! I don't have a picture of Miss Erin to put up here, but here's Jennifer and I. Aren't we just too cute for words?? (Or do we look like lesbians??)

Today has been nice...quiet...sad. All of the above. Nice in that there was nothing that had to be done. Quiet because the kids were very well behaved. Sad because Jon's Nana is in the hospital. She's 95. We kind of feel like we're on hold right now. Every time the phone rings I worry that it's his Mom with bad news. We'll see what happens as the week goes on.

The Weight: I am 30.2 pounds lighter than I was 10 weeks ago!! How cool is that?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture is adorable and you look great and you like you FEEL great! Sounds like you had a good time and *prayers* for Jon's Nana. Very hard I know.

Bama Cheryl said...

You look fantastic and so does Jen. Congratulations on your weight loss - you're my heroine! That's an average of three pounds a week. Awesome results!

Anonymous said...

You have completely and totally inspired me to do this! The F.O. Raisin Bran isn't bad, but I still like their Cinnamon Crunch best. As for the bars...I LOVE THIER choc and oats. Which do you like?? Have you tried them all? I also love the Brown Sugar and cinnamon pop tart things!
Thanks for the motivational message!