Sunday, December 14, 2008

Birthday Weigh-In!!

Since we've already discussed how part of my week went (my frustration at the behavior of both Gabriel and his teacher at school), we'll just skip directly to the birthday festivities and weight check!!

I got to "sleep" in this morning!! I wasn't really sleeping. I could very plainly hear all three kids whining and Jon's stern voice telling them to be quiet, so I chose to stay in bed. And since I can't see the clock from my side of the bed (it's on the other side of the room and my glasses weren't anywhere near my bed), I just cozied myself in. It was awesome! When I came downstairs, the kids bombarded me with lovely drawings and birthday hugs and kisses. Jon gave me a hug and handed me a present. Running gloves and ear warmers!! YAY! I needed both, and I was thrilled that he actually bought me something.

Right now he's picking up a cake (I didn't want one, but the kids said it couldn't be a birthday party without cake). Miss Courtney will be here around 4:30 so Jon and I can go out on a real date!! I'm very excited. We're going to do some shopping and then we're going to the Olive Garden. I really don't like the OG, but we have a gift card that needs to be used, so that's where we're going. Again, I'm very excited to go out with no kids. I'm even going to wear heels!! Ok, semi-high-heeled boots - but at least they aren't sneakers or Crocs.

The Weight: My insides are starting to regulate themselves (a low fat diet and I just don't seem to get along well), and I managed to lose a little weight this week - 0.6 pounds - bringing the total to 49.8 pounds. I am not going to really pay attention to my WW points today, so I know I am going to gain weight today...and I just don't care. It's my birthday, and I am going to eat CAKE! And tiramisu. And I'm going to drink a bunch of wine!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Courtney! Have a great day and don't worry about the WW points today. Think about it - you're 50 pounds lighter than you were last year at this time! That's a pound a week -- amazing (and you did it faster than a year too). You are awesome!

Anonymous said...

F the points...you enjoy your birthday. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! That is great that you got to go on a REAL date without kids!! And I am still proud of your weight loss. You are such an inspiration!!