Saturday, January 10, 2009

Stimulation and Safety

Jon and I stimulated the economy today. We finally broke down and bought a Plasma TV. While she's lovely (and very shiny), I think her 42" size is just a bit on the large size. Jon disagrees completely. He would prefer her to be larger - say 50+". Because we bought the new TV, we needed a new stand for it. Jon is right now putting the finishing touches on it. It looks really nice (I'll add pictures tomorrow), and I'm pleased. The old TV (a college graduation gift from my Dad) will go down to the playroom with the old stand. The goal is to set up a TV area for the kids in the playroom so I don't have to watch Thomas or Barbie all day long. We'll see what happens.

So after purchasing "The Stimulator" (of course I named Miss 42" Panasonic), I went to the State Police barracks to help out at my MOMS Club sponsored car seat inspection. The seats in my hog all passed with flying colors, but Jon's car was a different issue. He was allowing Elliott to ride in a seat that was a) too old, and b) without functioning chest harness (Ok, the harness works just fine, but Jon is lazy. He was just strapping her in with the seat belt and she's not big enough for that. Idiot.). So we got a new car seat. The Staties gave it to us. It's fairly awesome! And Smelliott can't wait to ride in Daddy's car!

After an afternoon of safety, I stimulated the economy some more. I bought the above-mentioned TV stand at WalMart, and then I went to Wegmans. God, I hate grocery shopping. It's tedious. I have to make the list(s), clip the coupons (and remember to take them), remember to take my reusable bags, shop for the stuff, carry it all out to the car, carry it all into the house, put it all away, and then cook it all throughout the week. And then I start the cycle all over again. I realize that we all do this, but I really don't enjoy it. And I have to wait until the weekend to do the shopping because there is no way in hell I am taking 2 kids with me. I wait until nap-time on Saturdays, then I go. It's slightly relaxing because I'm alone, but it's also nerve wracking because I hate people. No really. I hate people. I'm very impatient, and I can't stand idiots meandering through a store with no goal or purpose to their visit. It makes me nuts.

And now, I'm exhausted. I have to put a few more things away, and then I can drag my sorry ass to bed. As Janna would say, "Ni-ni!"

3 comments:

Liz said...

Men and their T.V's! We have a 42 inch as well and like Jon 50+ would be better for Ryan! I'm with you though, 42 is just fine.

As for the grocery shopping bit, I feel the same exact way! I hate it! I have taken to making a monthly meal plan to make shopping/cooking more bearable! I hate it all!

Courtney said...

I make a weekly+ menu. This week, I have the ingredients and recipes ready for 10 or so meals. And I always have some sort of random freezer meal just in case I don't want to cook. Even though I'm pretty organized with the menu and the shopping, I still hate it. It's just not fun!!

Bama Cheryl said...

Have you seen our TV? It's 60 inches. We wouldn't trade a single inch of its wonderfulness either! Just wait - you'll get hooked VERY quickly. At the grocery store, I hate when people get about 10 feet inside the door then stop dead in their tracks to look around, take off gloves or sunglasses and hold up everyone behind them as though they are the only ones in the world. Argh.