The Week: Rough is the only word I can use to describe the first half of the week. The kids were absolutely insane, and I was pretty much ready to sell them on eBay. It was rough.
By the end of the week, though, things started turning around. The rewards charts are starting to work and the naughty bins are proving to be a very real threat. The kids don't want to lose their toys for a week, so they are being much better about cleaning up before naps/bed. Elliott also started staying in her bed. I totally un-Dora'd her room, and she was upset. I made her bed look all pretty with new princess stuff - then told her she had to sleep in the crib. Like a baby. It worked. I realize it's only been 3 days, but it's a start! Janna's napping in our room, which is annoying, but I am finding that she's sleeping longer and better.
Because I have been so frustrated lately, Jon suggested that I should try to get out of the house more often. So after he got home Friday, I went shopping. Alone. For the first time in months. My big purchases: new jeans (3 sizes smaller than the ones I went shopping in!!!!!!!) and a new purse (this pic does not do her justice - she is gorgeous!). I was totally relaxed when I got home (and I'm sure Jon was more relaxed because I was gone). It was nice. Yesterday I spent the afternoon with Katie, and this afternoon Erin and I had a chick date (shopping for kids' mattresses might not seem like tons of fun to most people, but being out with another adult is awesome. And so is the fact that some of the sales-people we talked to thought we were probably lesbians.). I even got to see Jennifer!
So after a very calm weekend, I'm actually looking forward to the week. It feels really good to be able to say that and mean it. I haven't felt that way for a long time. I'm helping out at Gabe's school on Tuesday, and I have some MOMS Club events at the end of the week. We'll see how it goes...
The Weight: I lost .6 pounds this week. Total loss: 57.8 pounds.
2 comments:
Glad to hear things are going better and the new rules are taking effect. I'm sure you feel like a much different Mommy and that's great! Hope it keeps up this week!
Keelie
I like the new purse. I especially like the pink Vera Bradley ones you have been lending to Erin to try out. You stinker -- trying to get her hooked too! Glad the new rules are working and things are turning around.
Post a Comment