No one got a smiley face on their calendar today. Except for maybe Jon. He's just so awesome - and doesn't get half of the credit he deserves.
So the day started out with kids behaving moderately well. Jon left the house at 8:15 and everyone was smiling. By 9:30 - the kids lost it. They had to be separated, put in corners, banned from toys...it was insane. So frowny faces were abundant. Mommy was frowny because no one was listening (and it's Monday). Gabriel was frowny because he was sent to time-out repeatedly. Elliott was frowny because she refused to put away her Barbies (and therefore lost the opportunity to play with them for the rest of the day). And Janna was frowny because she just didn't feel good.
Which brings me to another reason for part of my frowniness. Janna's sick. I know she's sick. How do I know she's sick? She smells weird. When my kids are sick, they have a funny smell. It's not a bad smell. It's just not...normal. So I took her to the ped's office, and Dr. Y. saw nothing wrong with her. The yellow dripping from her eyes and nose? Apparently normal - just a cold. The fever? Normal. Lethargy? Normal. Refusal to drink? Normal. Um, ok. So she told me to "keep an eye on her", and to make sure that I stay home for the next 4 days. Again I said, "Um, ok." I think I said, "Um, ok" about 10 times. I told her that this behavior and the dripping goo is not normal. Meh...what do I know? I'm only a mom.
My frownines did subside a number of times today...1) when I realized that the pair of capri pants that I bought on Saturday were supposed to be $3.00 - not $14.92; 2) while sweating along with Miss Jillian; and 3) while watching my kids inhale their dinner. My frownies disappeared for good while I was wandering semi-aimlessly through Wally Land with Miss Erin this evening. I needed them to go away so I can look forward to tomorrow without any residual anger from today. Here's to Tuesday...may it be better than today! (Can you see me raising my icy cold bottle of MGD 64 in a toast?)
3 comments:
Here is today being a better day for you! I hope that little Janna feels better soon. I hate going to the doctor and having them say that nothing is wrong when obviously something is! Good luck.
I know the smell...I know the way you feel. I knew my son was sick, took him in they took my copay to tell me he just has a cold. And sent me home...3 days later...I call and take him back in...he is back on antibotics b/c his pneumonia was returning. Mommy's know when something is wrong. I hope she is feeling better and there is NOTHING but smily faces today!!
WOHOO its working and I am kicking BUTT :)
Post a Comment