The Week: Was iffy. Some days were good, others were bad. I started a new "system" for the kids' calendars. If they were good, at the end of the day they get a smiley face (either a drawing or a sticker). On the not-so-good days, they get a frowny face. 4 smiley faces out of 7 is what we're aiming for. Elliott made it last week. Gabriel, not so much. He had 4 last night before bed and then he flipped out. (For those of you out there with older-ish kids, am I the only one who thinks it's absolutely ridiculous and a giant PITA when an almost 5 year-old throws a tempter tantrum? Seriously. His tantrums are worse than either of his sister's.) We'll see how this week goes. There's no school so it should be interesting.
The best part of the weekend (well, thus far) was yesterday afternoon/evening. The kids were so good, Jon was happily playing on the floor with all three of them, and I was out shopping by myself. I once again stimulated the hell out of the economy. I bought our plane tickets to Florida (and I can't frickin' wait!!!) on Friday night, and I started making lists of what I need for the kids and myself. I have no summer clothing. None. Everything I wore last year is now 3-4 sizes too big. The kids and Jon are pretty well set, but I have nothing. I found a pair of cute capri pants (in the misses section!!) and some shirts. I even bought undies and 4 new bras! I found a new bathing suit, too. A few pairs of shorts, and I'm ready to go! I also found some cute stuff for the girls.
The best purchase? A NEW BED FOR ELLIOTT!! I love BigLots, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I shop there once a week. There are so many good deals, and this week's deal was on mattresses. If you bought the Serta mattress ($99.99), you got the box spring for $10! SCORE! I already had a full cart (when you have kids that go through a box of cereal every 4 days, $1.30 boxes of cereal are the way to go!!), but when I saw the sale I ran out to the van. It was a giant pain, but I got all of the seats stowed so I could get the bed. I was giddy! Then I had to go back to WalMart for bedding. I seriously was almost unable to contain my excitement. She had no idea that Jon had set the bed up, and when she went upstairs, she was so surprised! Hopefully this will have an effect on her naughty I'll-get-out-of-my-bed-if-I-want-to-just-to-piss-you-off behavior.


The Weight: 60 is my new favorite number! I lost 1.2 pounds this week, bringing the total loss to 60 pounds! I am so excited! I've already met one of my goals - I am able to shop in the regular ladies' section at most stores now. I would still like to lose at least 5 more pounds, but I am so thrilled with the progress I have already made. Pardon my shameless brag here, but I ROCK!
7 comments:
WOOOOT! Way to go! What an awesome way to start out the week. Keep it up babe - I'm so proud of you! :)
Keelie
OMG you totally ROCK!! I am so impressed with your consistent weight loss and you keep me motivated!! I am a proud blogger friend :)
I love Big Lots as well. I will HAVE to go there for my daughter's bed. She just learned out to crawl out of her crib, so we are putting her in a big girl bed in May!!
You cracked me up with your once again you similuated the ecomony crack LMAO...you are too much!!
60 is awesome!!! Good for you! When are you leaving for Florida? Have fun since I probably won't see you!
Yes you DO rock! Congratulations! Johnnie and I are now buckling down to seriously lose some weight. Started Shred three days ago. Too early to see results but I feel more energetic. You are definitely my role model for all of this. The pictures of Elliott are adorable.
Thanks Ladies! I appreciate all of your support, and I know that I wouldn't be able to keep going with this without it. Thanks - you guys are AWESOME!
30 Day Shred - it sucks sometimes. But I really like it. I've been doing it for 2 weeks, and I see results. My legs look and feel completely different! They will always be a bit "thick", but they have definition!!
Okay I am so going to be number one on your widget...but I don't see anyone's name...whats wrong? OH NO!!
I don't know why the stupid widget isn't working. Did yours work automatically??
Post a Comment