Please tell me I'm not the only one who has thoughts about the possibility of a New Kids On The Block reunion. Seriously - what the f**k? Here's my dilemma...part of me says, well, that's nice. They made some "great" music back when I was about 12 (right now I am singing "Step By Step" in my head). And they were (and still are kind of) cute. Another part of me says nonononono!!! You are middle-aged (almost) men! Please do not don your ripped jeans and start crooning "Please don't go girl!!" It's kind of pervy! And if you start doing that weird, legs out to the side dance while you're singing "The Right Stuff", one of you may have a heart attack.
When my Mom told me about this reunion, I found myself revelling in the memories of my 12-year-old self. I wasn't privileged enough to see them in concert (though they were at the Bloomsburg Fair with Tiffany), but I did have a ton of NKOTB crap - sheets, posters, tee shirts, tapes, videos, books, dolls (who needed Ken when Barbie could "date" Joey?)...all kinds of worthless stuff. I remember being totally upset when my older brother drew mustaches on one of my posters. My fave "Kid" was Jon - he was so dreamy!!
I know I'm not the only one out there who loved herself some NKOTB. 'Fess up. You know you did, too.
Obviously, there is very little happening in the Land of Courtney. My kids have been pretty good today, and all three are still napping. I needed something to do instead of laundry!!
4 comments:
YOu must talk to Debby about this one cuz she is MADLY DEEPLY in love with NKOTB!! She can't wait for the reunion! LOL LOL.. she will tell you YES YES YES to them coming back! I don't care either way. I loved them, but can live without a reunion! :) Funny blog!
BITE ALL YOUR TONGUES.
I have a dream!
That one day the NEW KIDS will NOT BE Judged by their age but by the content of their cuteness.! I have a dream!
You bite it all of you.
Courtney.
embrace it. Feel the LOVE. Wrap your little 12 year old spirit around the notion. And BACK OFF OF JON.
he's my fav too. :)
Dont' listen to the NAYSAYERS: let's embrace the reunion .;) lmao
So I went on a search last night for my NKOTB dolls - and I found them. My Mom found the stage in her garage. Oh, if Elliott were old enough to appreciate them!!
I TOTALLY FORGOT about this! The People magazine comes out TODAY!
And Jon, oh, Jon. He was so cute. And shy. He totally started my tall, skinny guy fetish.
And I have to go to the pediatrician with Emily (gag - again). I am SO going to Weggies to get me one of those magazines!
PS: you also helped me with my haikus! Thanks!
Post a Comment